As you may know, we are using the capstone as a disassembling engine for several architectures. We are even planning to use it as main engine and to ditch udis86. Since the x86 is one of the most common architecture, we want to be sure that the transition does’t break anything.
This is why our resident test writer maijin did the following things:
- He added one thousand x86-related tests!
- Every test is now a one-liner, thanks to l0gic’s refactoring.
- New bugs were detected, and are now beeing fixed either by radare2,or directly by the Capstone team
We would like to thank corkami because we borrowed some of his work, and of course the capstone team.
How to run those tests?
make tests; this will:
- Clone or update the r2-regressions repo.
- Launch the whole testsuite.
You can also launch only the capstone one by typing
make capstoneinside the r2-regressions folder, or
make asmfor every asm ones.